Yes. We know this isn’t how 20 questions really works, but STFU, OK? This month, Spring King run the gauntlet of our random, stupid queries.
1. Hello. How are you?
Pete: Good thank you. You?
2. What have you been up to today?
Pete: I woke up on the floor this morning then went to rehearsal in Manchester. All the other guys are ill with a cold so it was pretty sluggish. I then got a train home whilst eating a bagel.
3. What’s your favourite thing about being a musician?
Pete: Playing songs I love with my friends.
Andy: Seems obvious but the playing music bit is the best. Playing music as a unit when it’s locked and watching each other lose they’re shit is a triumphant feeling (the riders aren’t bad either).
4. What did you last dream about?
James: In the last dream I really remember I robbed a car with some random guy I met on the street, the whole city we were in had this mean yellowish glow, it was really sinister...
5. What size shoes do you wear?
6. Who’s your favourite new band?
Pete: Get Inuit.
7. What is your earliest memory?
Tarek: Keying my parents’ brand new car. I went outside with a key and scratched the whole thing, and then scratched my brother’s name on the car. Sorry about that…
8. What’s the most impressive thing you can cook?
James: I make a pretty mean mac and cheese - although I’m always suffering after eating because of the sheer volume I always make.
9. What was your favourite subject at school?
Pete: Besides music, I’ve always loved history. The past is weird.
10. Do you have a favourite outfit?
Pete: I don’t own any, but I’d really like a pair of baggy trousers.
11. What was the last thing you broke?
Andy: I was chucking some cold tea out of a mug in my back garden when the mug flew off the handle and into my neighbour’s garden. Kinda felt weird going round to ask for my mug back like I’d kicked a football back there, and they didn’t find the funny side for some reason.
Pete: A guitar string. I always break the D string. Strange.
12. Which is the best Revels sweet?
James: I like coffee! There, I said it!
13. What’s your biggest fear?
Pete: Forgetting who I am.
14. Which defunct band would you most like to reform?
Pete: I would have said At The Drive In, but they just got together. We watched them from side of stage in Australia this year. It was wild seeing my favourite band ever from so close. I’ll go with Destiny’s Child.
Andy: So, so many. Just seeing the word defunct reminded me of a sick funk band called Defunkt. But recreating David Axelrod’s band would be the most mind blowing.
15. How punk are you out of ten?
Tarek: 3.8 at a push.
16. You have to support either U2 or Red Hot Chili Peppers on tour. Who do you pick?
James: Always the Chili Peppers! They have an unbelievable amount of tunes and seem very lovely (no disrespect to Bono).
17. What’s your biggest accomplishment?
Pete: With the band I’d have to say playing on Jools Holland. Personally, training my old dog felt pretty good.
18. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Pete: I wanted to play guitar in a band. Or be a writer. Things are going okay.
Andy: Marine Biologist, definitely. I’ve always loved the ocean. I’ve even got a scuba license!
19. Have you ever won anything?
Tarek: Me and Andy tend to gamble at service stations from time to time, we always win. Okay not always… we’re suckers for the ‘Rainbow Riches - Fields of Gold’ one.
20. What strength Nandos sauce do you order?
James: Medium, because I’m a big massive wuss!